SDCN is excited to still able to offer workshops to campuses and communities based on our 20+ years of experience. Here are our three main offerings right now:
- Virtual dialogue groups that meet weekly in the following weeks
- Skill building workshops for individuals who want to facilitate or continue their dialogue work
- Tested virtual offerings for campuses, especially those seeking to find creative ways to engage students in dialogue
View our current offerings and register here.
How can virtual workshops be effective?
- our Zoom platform handles both phone and video simultaneously and participants can join from anywhere
- our workshop agendas are modified for the online space to be engaging using tools like breakout rooms and have been tested heavily
- virtual workshops can help set you up for your fall programs (i.e. RA training, first-year seminars, 2020 election red-blue dialogues)
During this time, you can support our work by organizing a workshop for your campus or organizing a dialogue group for your community.
To be safe, workshops are currently being held virtually through our Zoom platform through at least the end of May 2020, with the possibility of further continuation of that policy depending on developments related to the spread of COVID-19. We are monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and related federal and state level regulations closely.
In terms of those planning to travel to our Summer Leaders’ Summit in the end of July, we are following guidance from the DC Department of Health. Currently we plan to hold the event but will be in touch with updates as it gets closer and as the situation changes.