Sustained Dialogue Campus Network Social Media and Digital Engagement Fellowship
Mar 28 2019
Sustained Dialogue Campus Network (SDCN) is a nonprofit organization in Washington D.C. seeking enthusiastic, engaged leaders for a hands-on, exceptional summer internship opportunity in Washington, D.C. Ideal candidates will be passionate about: digital engagement, innovation, youth dialogue, diversity, inclusion, social enterprise, and conflict resolution.
Our mission at SDCN is to develop everyday leaders who engage differences as strengths to create more inclusive campuses, workplaces, and communities. We work primarily with U.S. college campuses, though we also partner periodically with corporate workplaces and DC-area nonprofits.
Our Process is rooted in the conflict resolution work of senior Middle East diplomat Hal Saunders, who served as Assistant Secretary of State to Henry Kissinger and as a key drafter of the Camp David Peace Accords. Sustained Dialogue® is a five-stage process that (1) transforms relationships in order to (2) design community change.
The Social Media and Digital Engagement Fellowship at SDCN offers an exceptional professional experience. The fellow will work closely with upper-level staff to develop and carry out projects that contribute to their personal and professional growth, as well as learn the inner workings of a creative, collaborative, and dynamic nonprofit organization.
Responsibilities under this fellowship can be tailored based on individual skills, interests, and organizational needs and will include:
- Write and publish press releases, blog posts, newsletters, and other articles on the Sustained Dialogue website
- Explore and share findings on current education technology with the SDCN team including new virtual communication platforms and digital features to make SDCN presentations and workshops more accessible.
- Develop a long-term strategy for communication and engagement across digital and social media platforms.
- Manage current SDCN social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. This includes scheduling posts, responding to inquiries, and identifying and sharing content relevant to the work of SDCN with our followers.
- Research and share findings on new social media apps and other digital communication tools.
- Create and maintain new accounts for SDCN on relevant and applicable social media platforms currently not being used such as: Instagram, Group Me, Snap Chat, and We Chat.
- Train SDCN staff on use and maintenance of social media platforms.
- Update Sales Force, SDCN’s customer relationship management platform, as needed.
- Familiarity with Group Me, Instagram, Snap Chat, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be creative.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt to changing plans and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task with confidence and be highly organized.
- Interest in nonprofit development, leadership development, digital communication, civic engagement, diversity, inclusion, and conflict resolution.
Time Required: This position is full-time, based in SDCN’s office in Washington D.C., 9am-5pm, Monday-Thursday with remote working on Fridays. This is a ten-week fellowship, beginning June 11th and ending August 16th, and pays $450.00 per week.
SDCN provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 2 examples of social media posts/engagement from different platforms to email@example.com. Include “Social Media and Digital Engagement Fellowship” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please specify where your interests, background, experience, and skills align with the work of this Fellowship. We will review applications on a rolling basis.